Thursday, January 22, 2009

Mosha is more and more alive

The most important service of Mosha, the HTTP2telnet gateway, is now operational. I haven't yet started sending out registrations, and am actually planning on changing the mechanism to an allow list, with a list of sites that will be able to connect regardless of the origin. This will make things slightly more convenient for people, and especially easy to try out the service. However, the list of accepted targets will be limited.

Also note that the current Mosha server makes a rather large amount of noise, and since it is sitting in my apartment, this means I can get annoyed by it, at which point I will turn it off (this is prone to happen at night). I have been told that the solution is to buy an EEE box from Asus, which are quiet as a whisper, however, there is still the little detail with regards to the money. They are inexpensive, but even $250 is something. Feel free to comment and give suggestions.

3 comments:

Duncan said...

Good to see its back up. It it working for those of us with dynamic IPs yet or is that still in the works? :)

Maarten Hofman said...

It should... Just mail me which destination you want to be added publicly, and I will do so.

Corphan said...

Do you happen to have the white list published somewhere? So far I haven't been able to guess any sites that are allowed.